Brunel Bridge – a pedestrian and cycling bridge between Rotherhithe and Canary Wharf due for completion by 2022
TfL Consultation Ended 8 January
Caroline Pidgeon’s (Deputy Chair, London Assembly’s Transport Committee) response here
Find the www.brunelbridge.london response here
With voting well into 4 figures, our poll results are:
In favour of current design (www.rotherhithebridge.london) 92.3%
Seek further designs 7.7%
Comments left by participants were overwhelmingly in favour of “getting on with it”:
Here is a list of the 10 most recent comments from poll participants. As they came – not selected, not edited in any way:
- It’s beautiful and simple. Why waste time and money seeking other designs? Build it ASAP.
- Just get on and do it please
- Deliver asap
- The quicker they build it the better
- Pls, give us a bridge ASAP. The current design is perfect!
- This design has a world renowned team now ready to go! Why waste more
- The current bascule design looks excellent. We need this bridge as soon as possible.
- They have already put in the time to design something that is structurally feasible and much
- needed in the area…it’s not just a concept, it’s a fully thought out plan, with costing already accounted for.
- This is a great idea! We live in Canada Water and work at Canary Wharf; we would love this bridge to be built ASAP!!
- Why is this taking so long. Get the bridge built. The ferry service is an expensive joke.
This exciting project to join Rotherhithe and Canary Wharf has a well grounded justification and wide support from the community, businesses and politicians.
Enthusiastic political support comes from Sadiq Khan, local MP Neil Coyle, Caroline Pidgeon, Chair of the Transport Committee at the London Assembly and Southwark Council – see our News section for details